Carbonation of Liquid Products
The Carbonator is used for continuous injection of carbon dioxide into liquid food and beverages such as beer, sparkling wine and soft drinks.
A precisely defined and constant CO2 content is an essential quality feature of many products. For CO2 supply the Carbonator has a specifically designed Vortex-Venturi injector that feeds carbon dioxide in a very large number of very fine bubbles directly into the product stream.
Due to high pressure and turbulent flow, the carbon dioxide dissolves completely and absolutely homogeneously in a very short time. At the end of the dissolving path a control valve is installed. This valve keeps the pressure in the system constant and above the saturation pressure. The flows and the CO2 content are permanently monitored and automatically adjusted in the process.
Therefore, the system is equipped with high precision flow meters and a CARBOTEC sensor made by Centec. The desired concentration of carbon dioxide is precisely met in the carbonated product.
- Typical Technical Data
- 53 - 53,000 gal/h (2 - 2,000 hl/h)
- 0.5 - 10 g/l
- ±0.1 g/l (option: ±0.05 g/l)
- 1.4301/AISI 304; 1.4404/AISI 316L; etc.
- in-line O2 measurement
- High precision CARBOTEC CO2 sensor for process control
- Specifically designed Vortex-Venturi injector for CO2 injection
- Customized design; different automation levels