CO2 Measurement in Liquids by Pressure and Temperature
CARBOTEC TR-PT is a very precise carbon dioxide sensor for measurement of dissolved CO2 in liquids, e. g. in carbonated beverages like beer, sparkling wine and soft drinks.
The instrument is designed for applications requiring maximum sensitivity and highest accuracy. It is easy to operate and maintain. For measuring carbon dioxide, the carbonated liquid flows through the sensor head (measurement chamber). Several times per minute the chamber is closed and its volume rapidly increases. This expansion generates a gas phase in the chamber. The large partial pressure difference of CO2 forces the carbon dioxide out of the sample (liquid in the chamber) into the gas phase.
This fundamental principle is described by “Henry’s Law”. Within seconds pressure equilibrium in the measurement chamber is reached. The equilibrium pressure corresponds to the content of CO2 in the sample.
The CO2 content is determined by pressure and temperature measurement in the chamber. Any temperature drifts of the measured signal are automatically compensated for. After each measurement the sample is completely returned to the product without any loss.
- Typical Technical Data
- 0 - 1.34 oz/gal (0 - 10 g/l)
- ±0.05 g/l
- ±0.001 oz/gal (±0.01 g/l)
- max. 10 bar
- 14°F to 212°F (-10°C to +100°C) (Pt1000)
- 1.4404/AISI 316L, EPDM (FDA), PTFE (FDA)
- 6 x digital (24 VDC)
- 3 x digital (24 VDC) & 2 x analog (4 - 20 mA)
- 24 VDC
- Proven technology based on pressure-temperature measurement
- Highly precise and fast determination of dissolved CO2
- Hygienic execution; various flange connections