Combined High Gravity Blending and Carbonation
Carboblending combines High Gravity Blending (HGB) and carbonation in one step and allows producing different beers (brands) from one or few “mother beers”. Brewery productivity is thereby maximized for a comparatively small brew house capacity and a low number of fermentation tanks.
For High Gravity Blending wort with high extract content is produced. During fermentation this leads to a beer with higher original gravity and alcohol content. Later in the brewing process the high gravity beer is blended with deaerated water to reach the desired final original gravity and/or alcohol content. If this is done directly in front of the BBTs or even directly in front of the filler, brewery flexibility is increased significantly.
For product carbonation the process skid has a specifically designed Vortex-Venturi injector that feeds CO2 in a very large number of very fine bubbles directly into the product stream. The flows and the content of original gravity and alcohol are permanently monitored and adjusted by high precision ratio controllers.
- Typical Technical Data
- 53 - 53,000 gal/h (2 - 2,000 hl/h)
- 7 - 20 °P
- ± 0.05 °P
- 0 - 10 Vol. %
- ± 0.03 Vol. %
- 0.5 - 10 g/l
- ±0.1 g/l (option: ±0.05 g/l)
- 1.4301/AISI 304; 1.4404/AISI 316L; etc.
- in-line measurement (e. g. O2, CO2, extract, alcohol)
- High precision in-line sensor technology for process control
- Specifically designed Vortex-Venturi injector for CO2 injection
- Customized design; different automation levels